* NOTES TO READERS

New here, you may want to read this post first I hope you enjoy Qpon Saving Mommas

Monday, January 16, 2012

Deceptively Delicious... What the heck is that ?

So i spotted a book at the library, yep i am one who still enjoys the good old library compared to an electronic device. Anyhow, this book read Deceptively Delicious, and i remembered that i had wanted to read this book a long time ago, but just forgot about it.

I go through the pages and i am reading some weird recipes but i also thought well we will try and see what happens. I know my family needs to eat better, but most of the time we just can not afford to. Last night i made deceptively delicious hamburgers #1 recipe. It just seemed weird to add carrots mixed in my hamburgers. Let me tell you this recipe made moist and yummy hamburgers. I grilled them instead of frying them like the recipe suggested. My George grill sucked out 31 Teaspoons of grease from 2 lbs of hamburger meat. I had used 90% lean as well.

So what is the purpose of this post ? I just wanted to share that trying something new may seem scary but at least you tried and no one died from eating it ;)

Deceptively Delicious Hamburgers #1 Recipe
1/2 lb lean ground turkey or Sirloin (i used 1 1/2 lbs)
1/2 C bread crumbs ( i used much less)
1/2 C Cauliflower or Carrot Puree (i used carrot)
1/4 C Skim milk
2 Tbsp. Low Sodium Soy Sauce ( i used worchestire sauce, i hate soy sauce)
2 cloves of garlic chopped
1/8 tsp pepper

I then mixed all together and formed into patties. Once grill was hot i placed on grill and cooked until no longer pink. Cost for this meal was around $5. I had some of the items on hand.

No comments:

Blog Archive