* NOTES TO READERS

New here, you may want to read this post first I hope you enjoy Qpon Saving Mommas

Friday, November 4, 2011

So i cried.... over coupons ?

Yesterday evening i went to HyVee, starting to think HyVee and me may be on some sort of bad relationship. Earlier in the week i went to the sale on Tuesday OOPS for the Thursday sale, lol. No biggie i laughed and just left. So i am at HyVee yesterday to get my sister in law some cat litter for free!

I walked down the isle and saw a lady grab the last bag off the shelf so i left madly. Now why would that make me so mad ? Well, for several reasons. Previously i had just spoken to a woman who did not understand how coupons worked and the more you spoke to her the more she made you feel like an air head, and nothing would make her understand. Secondly, i am just tired of shelf clearers. Since the stupid extreme frauding and extreme hoarding show came along it has made couponing very hard.

I grabbed my coupon box and left, or so i thought. Instead i had forgot to latch my box back and the whole 15lbs of coupons spilled all over in the pet food isle. People just starred, and even tried to come down the isle with me, my daughter and coupons all over. 1 manager and 1 sales clerk just stood there watching. I just quickly grabbed all my coupons embarrassed and just left.

Get in my car to come home and the check engine light came on. So now i will have some sort of car repairs to fix. Now why did i cry over spilled coupons ?? Simply because i know it has taken me several hours to get my box how i wanted it and now i have to repeat the steps all over again. On a positive note i tried telling myself, it will be ok and someone out there is having a worst day than me.

12 comments:

Nichole said...

I HATE the shelf clearers with a passion too!! It is getting ridiculous! I have found if you want deals at Walgreens or CVS you have to go right away on Sunday morning otherwise you are pretty much S O L, literally!!I have even went to others a little out of the way and it is still the same!? Times like that make me wish I was the only one couponing and knowing about the deals! I can't believe no one offered to help you. I would die if that happened to me, as I have all my coupons arranged in either a binder(newspaper inserts) or pocket envelopes(for the internet coupons)and yes that takes a lot of time, organizing into the different catagories and what not!! I was at a Hy-vee awhile back and someone had forgotten their entire binder full of coupons in the cart(yep, just sitting there) I would feel lost and probably sick to my stomach if I lost mine! I have saved SO MUCH money with these coupons, I would hate to have to start over from scratch!! Hopefully you have a much better day and weekend.
OT here, but have you thought about having the comments be posted right away, that way readers can kind of connect and comment with each other?? Just an idea...

Qponmommy said...

Thanks Nichole! Yes hopefully things will be better. Just my daughter tried to help me and said to me 2-3 times mom i am sorry. I told her i know it is no ones fault but my own and thank you for helping me.

As for the comments when i first started the site i had the comments set up to where people could respond when they want to whenever. I had to change that rather fast since people would either spam, be rude to each other, or post disgusting things on my site. I will give it another try perhaps, and if no one spams again or any of the above then i will keep it set that way. Thanks for your suggestion. Have a great day!

Carrie said...

I've had a lot of luck avoiding shelf clearers by pricematching local ads at walmart. Its incredibly easy, you don't even need the ad anymore, the cashiers are required to know ads and they have a detailed list at their register if they have a question. I can use my coupons with no hassle, even printed ones. And I very rarely run into shelf clearers because Walmart is so good about restocking their shelves overnight and they are willing to check the back for you, there is always someone around to help. It saves me trips to multiple stores, which saves on gas. Also they match generic for generic so if Hyvee cottage cheese is on sale, I can get great value (walmarts brand) for the same price, using pricematch.

Nichole said...

I price match at Hy-Vee all the time, the one on Stoneybrook(they match to everyones ad as well) I just like CVS and Walgreens for the ECB and RR.

Cathy said...

I didn't know Hy-vee price matched! Will they take anyone's ads? How about produce? It really hit me in the pocketbook when No Frills stopped matching produce...

Nichole said...

@ Cathy I have never price matched produce, so I do not know if Hy-Vee will or not. I shop at the Hy-Vee on Stoneybrook, and they have price matched to SuperSaver, No Frills, Bag'n Save, Fareway, Baker's, Target, and Wal-mart on everything else. Which is awesome! Each Hy-Vee is different in who they price match to, like the one on 76th and Cass will PM to Baker's Bag'n Save and No Frills is all. So you just have to check! But I have never had a problem at Hy-Vee on Stoneybrook price matching!

Carrie said...

I hate to sound like the I love Walmart store, but you can pricematch produce at walmart, no problem. You can also pricematch meat (generic/store brand as well) and dairy. They even honor the Aldi ad. But what I like most about it is that you don't need to drag the ads in with you. They basically take your word for it. Which makes me happy because dragging my coupon binder in is enough work as it is!!

Carrie said...

Sorry I forgot the word produce in that first sentence, you can price match produce no problem.

Anonymous said...

Has HyVee started price matching? We had asked the store at Shadow Lake about 2 months ago, they said they didn't price match. Maybe it depends on which store? Walmart and NoFrills will price match for sure. And I agree with you on the shelf clearing shoppers...they really frustrate me.

paterd said...

I am also getting disgusted with shelf clearers. I cannot ever get any of the CVS deals as I can't get there until Monday and the shelfs are already empty! At least I can get rain checks for their EB deals, still, another trip takes more time!

And I didn't know HYVEE did ANY price matching, why don't they tell anyone!! I need to talk to the store I go to regularly.

Anonymous said...

Laura, I have a raincheck and some coupons for the cat litter I can give you if you want them. I tried to reach you at the email on your blog, but it was kicked back to me as undeliverable. Email me at pattdelcroft@yahoo.com. I met you briefly last year at your food drive for the MO Valley flood victims. You don't have to post this comment. I'm just trying to reach you and didn't know how else to do it.

Qponmommy said...

Sending you a message, thanks.

Blog Archive