* NOTES TO READERS

New here, you may want to read this post first I hope you enjoy Qpon Saving Mommas

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Desperatly Need Readers to open there hearts




I am reaching out to all my local readers and friends to help me spread the word and to help families of the Harrison County, Iowa. Most of us have been following the news keeping updated on the flooding situation. Harrison County is expected to flood this week. Many folks will lose homes, businesses, farms and what they own.

I am asking all readers to open there hearts and to help Qpon Saving Mommas get the word out about this fund raising effort. How can you help ?
  • Pass the flyer on to others - (please email me for flyer, blog won't let me post it.)
  • Donate Items at the food drive
  • Donate cash or gift cards at the food drive
If you can not do any of the above, all i ask for you to do is pray. Prayers are powerful !

I am offering 4-5 lucky readers to attend a FREE coupon class. Normally the classes cost anywhere from $5-$10 per person. I am offering you a spot to come to the class for FREE. The next class will be held mid to end of June. You will also receive some coupons too! BUT there is a catch, i need these 4-5 readers to help me with organizing at the food drive.
  1. You will need to help organize items as they are donated and check expiration dates.
  2. You may be required at times to relieve others for a small break. If you think you can help with this please let me know.
If you live out of state, Qpon Saving Mommas is setting up a PO Box so you can donate your items. I know us couponers get good cheap and free items at times, i am asking you to help pass these items on that you may have extra of laying around your home.

I will also be posting a separate post of items you could possibly purchase for cheap or free and donate them.

List of items that can be donated are:
They will take any item for donating as long as it is new and not expired. To help you get going on what you

should donate i have listed some Items. If you have other items you want to donate but it is not listed on the list ? Just send me an email to Ggbwg@cox.net and ask me if you can donate it.

HOUSE HOLD PRODUCTS
Paper Towels
Toilet Paper
Cleaners
Garbage Bags
Foil
hot/cold cups
paper plates
wash cloths
dish soap
laundry soap
bleach
Batteries
flash lights
propane tanks for bbq's
charcoal briquetts
lighter fluid
matches

FOOD ITEMS
Peanutbutter
Jelly
Toothpaste
Mac & Cheese
Coffee
pancake mix & syrups
ketchup
mustard
mayonnaise
salad dressing
tartar sauce
sugar
juice
tomato sauce
tomato paste
pasta sauce
canned vegetables
canned fruits
Powdered milk
Meat
Cereal
rice
bread
oatmeal
canned meats
ready to eats snacks
ready to eat foods
bottled drinks

PERSONAL CARE ITEMS
Toothpaste & brushes
Mouth wash & floss
Razors & shave preps
Shampoo & Conditioners
Deoderant
Soaps
Combs & Brushes
Pads & Tampons
Depends
hand sanitizer
Lip Balm
Sun Screen

FIRST AID ITEMS
Band-Aids

BABY CARE ITEMS
disposable diapers
Diaper Rash Cream
training pants such as pull ups or alike
baby wipes
baby food
formula

2 comments:

Grace said...

Where and when do we meet to organize items? I would like to help. I can bring my sons along for some extra hands as well.

Qponmommy said...

Grace~ Just show up at the Bakers in Bellevue anytime on Sunday. It will run 9-5pm. We will be located in the bottom parking lot. We are going to try to have signs. Thank you, very kind of you.

Blog Archive