* NOTES TO READERS

New here, you may want to read this post first I hope you enjoy Qpon Saving Mommas

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Delay in the posts today...

Sorry there was a delay in the posts today. I have had one crazy but great morning. My son was late to school and my daughter went ahead, she fell then got a black eye from her eye hitting her trumpet case.

I also had a phone call this am from Malorie Maddox from channel 6 news. She wanted to do an interview with me. The interview is about packages shrinking and prices going up. She wanted to know if i was aware of this.

As a savvy shopper i was aware of this. My most recent experience that i noticed was shopping at HyVee. They had 3 packs of Kraft Cheese for $1.89 and the 12pk was $3.99 I also had a $1 off any Kraft Cheese Stick Package Coupon. Here is the breakdown for the 2 different packages.

Kraft 3 pk $1.89
Use $1/1 Coupon
Pay 89¢
Divide that by 3 and you end up paying 29¢ a cheese stick

Kraft 12 pk $3.99
Use $1/1 Coupon
Pay $2.99
Divide that by 12 and you end up paying 24¢ a cheese stick

So in this case buying the larger package would be the better deal.

If your interested in watching the interview you can catch it on Channel 6 News at 10pm TONIGHT! Thank you Malorie Maddox and Channel 6 news.

No comments:

Blog Archive